Read our story….
Shop for Good started with books – preloved books handpicked, sustainably wrapped, every month like the best kind of recommendation from a friend. Over the last year when well-being has taken on even more significance for us and we know just how much well-being through books we have shared, we have created ‘Shop for good’. On line, handpicked, with well-being for you and the planet at its heart. And the best bit? … all the profits go to supporting the work of The Hospice of St Francis in the local community. The response from our customers when the person they have chosen a Shop for Good box for opens it, tells us Shop for Good is good!
Our philosophy ….
We think a poem written by Mary Oliver; ‘Joy is not made to be a crumb’ sums it up perfectly;
‘If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy, don’t hesitate, give into it!’
More about us
- We want customers to enjoy our products and Wellbeing boxes as much as we enjoy putting them together. Our buying team visit suppliers and trade shows sourcing innovative and original products. Curated well-being ranges are carefully selected to be as eco, sustainable and as environmentally friendly as possible. Our aim is to work towards all products in our ranges to being truly sustainable in the future
- We source locally and in the UK
- There is nothing better than receiving something chosen especially for you – it makes a gift extra special. We ask for a few words and phrases to help us select the perfect gift. Uniquely personalised for the recipient (or as a treat to yourself), take a look at our Wellbeing boxes which have been put together to delight, surprise and enjoy. Our charity shop managers select some very special re-loved items that we include in your box. Our Re-loved Chic boxes are re-loved 100% and positively perfect.
- At Shop for Good we love what we do and so do our volunteers! We are lucky enough to have a super talented team; ‘Creates and Makes’ who have developed and created a range of beautifully made one-off hand crafted items (all made from donated designer fabrics) . Guaranteed to bring smile to anyone’s face
- It is really important to us that your Shop for Good experience is just as good as the customer service you can rely on in any of our high street shops. With this in mind, all our gifts are beautifully wrapped in tissue and ribbon with a personalised gift card. All packaging is eco-friendly, sustainable or can be recycled – even the lovely ribbon we use is donated to our creative studio at Returned to Glory and can be re-used another time.
We would love you to give in to your own spark of joy and give Shop for Good a try? You will be part of something that really does to good and you will be supporting The Hospice of St Francis to deliver the best possible care to its patients and local community.